The Crossover, a lightweight over-the-head model with maximum chest protection designed for riders who prefer to wear an external pack. This vest is the lightest and most ventilated TekVest available, with narrow shoulders for maximum freedom of movement and extensive load-bearing ability that allows for heavier packs while minimizing load shifting.
The Crossover is designed to fit a wide array of backpacks, including avalanche backpacks, and can be worn over or under a jacket. It features a neck brace-ready design, and the option to accept standard TekVest shoulder pads for added protection.
This vest is purpose-built for snowmobile, ADV, enduro, and ATV riders who like to wear backpacks. It works well with avalanche backpacks, and the over-the-head style eliminates the need for zippers. The Crossover is perfect for riders that spend a fair amount of time standing, including mountain snowmobilers, freeriders, back-country boondockers, enduro riders, and fast ATV woods riders.
With its extensive side, shoulder, and frontal coverage, enhanced chest protection, and maximum cooling, The Crossover provides riders with the ultimate 360-degree protection while allowing for more freedom of movement. The rear armor foam panel can be removed to increase air flow while wearing a backpack, and the traditional TekVest UHMW plastic back panel is retained with added ventilation and raised profile top to further improve air flow.
The Crossover Specific Features
- Lightest & most ventilated TekVest available.
- Cut 2" taller than a regular TekVest for stand-up riders.
- Narrow shoulders maximize freedom of movement.
- Heavily vented for maximum cooling.
- Extensive load-bearing ability allows use of heavier packs while minimizing load shifting.
- Suited to fit a wide array of back packs. Works well with avalanche back packs.
- Wear your current back pack over top of this design
- Designed to be worn over or under a jacket
- Rear armour foam panel removed to increase air flow while wearing a back pack
- Traditional TekVest UHMW plastic back panel retained with added ventilation and raised profile top further improve air flow
- Neck brace ready
- Will accept the standard optional TekVest shoulder pads
- Lightweight, versatile armour built with backpacks in mind.
- Over the head style eliminates need for zippers
Who is the Crossover Made For?
- Riders that spend a fair amount of time standing - Mountain Snowmobilers, Freeriders, Back-Country Boondockers, Enduro riders and fast ATV woods riders.
- Riders that want maximum 360-degree protection including maximum side, shoulder and frontal coverage.
- Riders that want enhanced chest protection.
- Rider that want more freedom of movement.
- Works well with avalanche back packs
- Purpose-built for snowmobile, ADV, Enduro & ATV riders who like to wear back packs.
General TekVest Benefits and Features
- TekVest exclusive energy absorbing hybrid UHMW armour. Proprietary TekVest armour is a UHMW hybrid that is designed to keep riders safe on the trail in all seasons.
- 360-degree armour coverage around ribs, upper chest / sternum, abdomen – front & side, back/spine and collar bone.
- Hyper-breathable inner & outer mesh
- Ultra-High Molecular Weight (UHMW) plastic is highly cut resistant while remaining flexible in cold temperatures.
- UHMW plastic is 8 x more cut resistant than HDPE
- TekVest hand laminates custom milled UHMW to an energy absorbing vinyl nitrile foam to add impact resistance and energy absorbing properties to create a strong yet flexible armour that delivers a level of comfort and protection not otherwise available in the off-road world.
- TekVest's closed-cell foam does NOT absorb water
- 4-Season capability - TekVest UHMW hybrid armor remains flexible, even at very low temperatures
- Light weight
- Energy absorbing
- Superior cut resistance
- Great flexibility
- Superior comfort
- Adapts to rider shape = form fitting after a few rides
- Durable - We have many riders who are still wearing their original 1997 models and many have reported over 100,000 miles on them. Our gear tends to last a long time.
- TekVest's race-tested soft-armor configuration provides unparalleled safety
- Can be custom designed and tailormade
- Full in-house die-sub capability
- Flash your TekVest with custom graphics or logos
- All TekVest models are designed to wear over bibs and under jackets for winter use
Custom Colours, Design and Text
Any TekVest can be upgraded from stock solid colours to complete custom graphics for an additional fee.
TekVest uses the highest standard in Dye-Sublimation and Graphic Design capabilities in order to create truly unique and inspired designs for our TekVest. View the Gallery to see these designs and many more!
Visit Our Custom Gallery